Wednesday, November 14, 2012

If I could have seen my life laid out before me up to this point, it would have terrified me! The laundry and dirty dishes alone would have taken my breathe away. Thankfully, I live each day trusting in God's grace to get me through. When my kids were younger and running circles around me while standing in a line at the store, someone would inevitably make the comment, "FOUR children!  I don't know how you do it!"  My standard response was, "Only by God's grace; and one day at a time!"

I feel incredibly blessed; as I am writing this, one of my sweet daughters-in-law is in labor with our 6th grandchild.  My parents are in their 80's; my husband's parents passed away a few years ago.  I'm at about 7:00 on 'the circle of life' (according to averages, which I've found NEVER apply to me).  There is someone in my direct family at just about every life stage, and yet there is a wonder about a baby being born- a new life coming into the world- that feels like Christmas Eve. Anticipation.  So many people to love...

My life thus far has never lacked for excitement; or maybe I just find adventure in simple things.  I've been telling my children for years that I was going to compile a collection of some of our stories, so now I have begun...

No comments:

Post a Comment